Professional training in children’s palliative care
Quality training for quality care
Maruzza Lyceum is the first Training school in Italy to offer specific training in Children’s Palliative Care (CPC) and Pain Management (PM) and as stipulated the Italian Palliative Care Society’s (SICP) Core Curriculum.
The Maruzza Foundation is recognized both nationally and internationally as a reference point for the promotion of palliative care, thanks too:
- Numerous cooperation agreements with: the Italian Ministry of Health, the Italian Palliative Care Society (SICP), the Italian Paediatrics Society (SIP), the Italian Paediatricians Cultural Association (ACP), the Italian Association of Paediatric Hospitals (AOPI), and other institutions, scientific societies and associations active in the paediatric sector;
- Extensive experience (since 2004) in the provision of specialised training courses and workshops attended by over 3,000 participants.
Maruzza Lyceum is aimed at all healthcare professionals and caregivers who wish to extend and enhance their curriculum with expertise in the provision of palliative care and pain management for babies, children and adolescents. In particular, the workshops are aimed at:
- Nurses and Paediatric nurses
- Social Workers
- Others involved in caring for children with palliative care needs.
The Scientific‐Technical Committee
Maruzza Lyceum is lead by a Scientific‐Technical Committee (STC) of experts with extensive experience in the provision of children’s palliative care and pain therapy, together with representatives of the main paediatric associations operating in Italy : the Italian Paediatrics Society (SIP), the Italian Paediatricians Cultural Association (ACP):
The STC members:
- Marcello Orzalesi (Director)
- Fabrizio Renzi (Academic Coordinator)
- Franca Benini
- Michele Gangemi
- Momcilo Jankovic
- Pierina Lazzarin
- Luca Manfredini
- Luciano Orsi
- Laura Reali
- Marco Spizzichino
Our Training proposal
It is acknowledged that the acquisition of a skill is a course of action that cannot be accomplished in a single episode but must be practised and repeated over time to be effective in producing significant and long‐term changes in performance.
The Maruzza Lyceum offers innovative teaching systems and a methodological approach (frontal lessons, practical exercises, experiential sessions, etc.) that effectively address the numerous and complex issues linked to CPC and PM in a generally heterogeneous context.
The workshops are structured at different levels, goals, training methods and evaluation, and are articulated according to two main principals:
Structured pathways: providing skills training at three levels: basic, specialist, managerial. Proposing learning levels of increasing complexity.
Pathways developed ad hoc: reserved to contexts where the training needs are not met by structured training methods and which are articulated according to different specific needs (skills, competence, timing and type of provision, participants numbers etc.).
Accreditation: our courses are accredited ECM
For any information contact: email@example.com, or call +39 06 3290609.
Download the full program